Quality Service - Dependable Price
Blue Water Cleaning and Restoration has served the Blue Water Area since 1983 – Call 810-385-2993.
WHAT IS MOLD?
Mold are microscopic fungi and their spores are found in the air you breathe both indoors and outdoors. Mold spores are very tiny and lightweight. Mold spores found in indoor air can be produced by mold growing on damp or wet surfaces. In indoor environments, they can grow when air-conditioning ducts, walls, carpets, clothing and furniture get wet. In order for mold to grow indoors, it needs a food source (such as wood, wallboard, wallpaper, ceiling tiles, or carpet), a source of moisture and time to grow. Mold can produce and release millions of spores small enough to invade the human respiratory system. Mold growth can look white to orange and from green to brown and black. Mold can also cause expensive material damage to your home.
HOW DO YOU COME IN CONTACT WITH MOLD?
Sources of indoor moisture that may cause mold problems in your home or office include: flooding, leaky roofs, humidifiers, damp basements or crawl spaces, constant plumbing leaks, house plants, steam from cooking, gas heat, shower/bath steam and leaks, wet clothes, and clothes dryers vented indoors. They are easily spread by activities including, vacuuming, walking on carpet or even sitting on a couch.
WHAT CAN MOLD DO TO YOU?
When inhaled, mold can cause a range of health problems including respiratory problems (wheezing), nasal and sinus congestion, watery and red eyes, nose and throat irritation, skin irritation, aches, pains, and fevers. In large quantities, mold spores can cause allergic symptoms similar to those caused by pollen and trigger asthma attacks. Exposure to mold is not healthy for anyone but the following individuals are at a higher risk for adverse health effects: infants, children, elderly, immune compromised persons, and individuals with existing respiratory conditions.